Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 18, 2009

    Re-Cap of DNC Highlights


    I write in memory of my idol, my sorority sister--the late and great Shirley Chisholm...


    Tuesday is a Packed Day for Delegates!
    By Michelle Berry - Aug 26th, 2008 at 2:13 pm EDT
    Also listed in: 10 groups
    This morning, Brian Hunt and I met up with Ted from WENY (Elmira) for an interview regarding Senators Clinton and Obama, tonight's line-up and our experiences at the convention. It was a great way to start the morning.
    The NY Delegation breakfast highlighted the great role of women in U.S. history, the early involvement on NY women in the suffrage movement, historic strides made by NY Senator Clinton, the legacy of Shirley Chisholm and more.




    We were greeted warmly by former New Yorker and current Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano (D) and First Lady of New York, Michelle Paterson. There were other top elected national officials present and an announcement to arrive at Pepsi Center by 2:45 p.m. in anticipation of our state governor's address. It's going to be a full day of caucuses and a nearly seven hour-stint for many of us at Pepsi tonight, following Senator Clinton's Keynote Address, a four-state all-star reception with NY, NJ, PA and FL will take place at Mile High Stadium (Invesco).
    I'll write late tonight about all the speeches at Pepsi! And to Robert and Nina, I miss and love you so very much. Robert, I hope your first week of teaching at Broome is going well. Kiss Nina and tell her that I'm looking for just the right souvenir to bring home for her. Many hugs to everyone, Michelle

    No comments:

    Post a Comment